Friday, April 10, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog.  I've been thinking about doing this for a long time and am finally starting!  I completed my training and coursework to become a Registered Dietitian several years ago. Since then, I have had various jobs and have spoken to hundreds and hundreds of people and families about making healthy, nutritious choices.  In 2005, I became a mom and my home became my main workplace.  
Now, I have two darling children (boy and girl), work part-time outside the home, and am still learning new information and "tricks" when it comes to good nutrition.  I am a mom/wife first and a Dietitian later, but my training sure has come in handy over the last few years as I've struggled with attempted breastfeeding (there's a future blog post!), getting kids to eat vegetables and trying to be a good example at mealtimes.  And I need not forget how my body completely changed since having kids!  My husband and I are ever-trying to make healthy choices while leading incredibly busy lives.  We have aging parents and grandparents with various health issues.  We want to feel better and have more energy.  Sound familiar?  
Feel free to leave comments, send me questions, and tell your friends about this new adventure of mine.  I'd love to be useful to you and appreciate feedback.  Oh, and I'll be learning how to make the blog pretty as I go, so stay tuned and don't give up on me!  

Thanks!
Amber
Your Neighborhood Nutritionist

2 comments:

Kim said...

I don't know if you are planning on doing this already, but great healthy recipes would be awesome. I feel like I get in recipe slumps and I am sure you have some good healthy ones. I am so excited about you doing this.

Rachel Holloway said...

COOL!! I'll be following along! Love the good info! :)